Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Whispering Pines Tormund

In 2017, I thought we had an extraordinary crop of ram lambs. The ewe lambs were very good, but the rams were the crème de la crème once again.


I entered the year, not wanting to retain any more ram lambs, as we already had eight adults. Ahh, the best laid plans…

We ended up keeping four of them because I thought they were too good to…put out to pasture.


The first one was Jane Eyre’s smirslet fawn katmoget out of Nitro. His name is Tormund. He was one of my favorites at birth, so it was no surprise that I ended up retaining him. 


He is one of the more athletic looking lambs that we’ve had. He is taller and has a very long body. He is also very fine (his mother is our finest ewe), but I feared his fleece might be too short.



 It looked pretty good last weekend, however, as we snuck a pre-shearing peek.






No comments: