Saturday, February 17, 2018

Whispering Pines Eddard

The final keep ram lamb is Eddard out of Nitro and Emma.




I personally think he is the nicest of the four in an all around sense. Nice build, very fine fleece that is largely the same from front-to-back, pretty much the whole package. I’ll be looking forward to getting micron samples on all of these rams, but this one in particular. 





I still remember the one day last May when I was working in the barn, set down one of my work gloves, and he snatched it and ran away with it like a dog. I’ve never had one do that before. He was a bit of a dickens as a lamb, but is much more reserved now as a yearling.

Eddard in the front as a lamb



Those are the keeper ram lambs from the class of 2017. Surely, we will get more this year that we like as well or better than these guys, but we are to the point now where it’s more of a personal preference in terms of what we keep as they are all quite good. I think we had about 15 ram lambs this spring, and all were what I would call keeper quality. I began finding small flaws with each to get down to these four, and these were the best non-moorit and fawn katmogets. I liked all of the greys, but settled on this one.

No comments: