Monday, December 14, 2015

Ewe-A-Day - Whispering Pines Catherine




Catherine is an interesting fawn katmoget out of Canterbury and Constantinople. What we learned over the years was that Constantinople had a fairly high microning  fleece as a yearling, but it held there through the age of 7. It essentially never increased. I don’t think we’ve ever seen that before in our sheep. So, when I saw Catherine’s fleece stats, I wasn’t particularly moved one way or the other: 23.2/5.7/24.6/8.8/23.3.

In other words, her fleece is nicer than her mother’s at the same age. I am very interested in how this fleece turns out next March because I particularly like the conformation on this ewe. Plus, all of Constantinople’s daughters are outstanding producers.

Below is her lamb picture along with her mother. I thought I had a current picture, but I'll have to get one soon.


 

No comments: