Thursday, March 11, 2010

Flock hat - Jen


I just finished this hat the other day, it's pretty cool because its made of samples of wool from all the sheep in our flock. We did some sampling in the fall for micron testing, and i washed, carded and spun up the individual locks, spun them in the lock and did a quick ply job. Then used my v. simple brimless cap pattern, size 6 circ. needles, cast on 90, 2 inches for the brim, 4 inches for the hat, then decreases. Easy peasy! I'm posting it to my etsy shop and hope it sells, I'm saving up to send some wool I was given out to process into roving to make into rugs.

Can't wait for shearing, we are going to have wonderful fleeces this year!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Way cool, Jen! I've thought about doing something like that, but I think I would have to break my flock down in separate colors as there are too many! Unless of course, I made something really big . . . .

Michelle said...

So pretty, and what a wonderful keepsake of your flock! I'd think it was a keepsake, anyway; don't think I could part with something like that.

thecrazysheeplady said...

I love it! Great colors :-).

Emily said...

Beautiful! The colors are beautiful!