Monday, October 6, 2008

Whispering Pines Lavender - Rich

Whispering Pines Lavender S27357
DOB 4/25/08
Sire: Sheltering Pines Cihat
Dam: Windswept Peony
This little princess is a bit of an enigma. She shares the outstanding conformation of both her mother and father, but has less spotting than either of them. I love her markings, don’t get me wrong, but I was surprised she doesn’t have more white. What she does have was something that I felt we couldn’t do without, a fabulous “look at me” conformation. I will confess, she doesn’t stand out in the pasture. She is blacker than black. She’s a true black, not shetland black! We’ve never had a true black before.
She has very little sun bleaching and she is so black, you can’t even see her eyes much of the time! I truly believe she’ll always throw lambs with more spotting than she has. I’m excited to find out! We’ll have to wait and see what type of fleece she’ll have, but I think it will be an intermediate type with a gentle, wavy crimp. Regardless, she was too nice to let go this year. She brings too much to the table in terms of spots and conformation!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Beautiful ewe Rich. The roving is beautiful in your Etsy store Jen. I saved one fleece to try to do myself. I have been so afraid to try it, thought I'd ruin it, but maybe I will give it a go. Good luck to you both this weekend at Rhinebeck!