Thursday, May 15, 2008

Grey Yuglet Flecket Shetland Ewe for Sale

DOB: 4/13/08
Sire: Sheltering Pines Cihat S17465
Dam: Minwawe Seraphim S24924
Price: $450


This little grey yuglet flecket ewe is out Minwawe Seraphim and Sheltering Pines Cihat.
My goal with this breeding was to get a yuglet flecket ewe lamb that has the conformation of Cihat. I’d say that goal was exceeded! Cihat has a tremendous conformation, tail, and soft fleece. Neither parent will be famous for their crimp, but they both have soft fleeces, gentle crimp, and striking markings!

Seraphim is a very nice ewe on her own merits, but it appears that this lamb inherited most of her father’s characteristic conformation, fleece, and tail. She reminds me a lot of Whispering Pines Jeb Stuart, a very nice ram that we sold last year. It seems like I say this with all our lambs this year, but this is a very nice lamb that we would like to keep. Last year, I searched high and low for a grey yuglet flecket ewe and here I have one and I’m selling her.





It doesn’t make a lot of sense does it? At the end of the day, however, we just decided that we have selected the four ewe lambs that we are keeping and this one ended up 4b.

No comments: