Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dye happy - Jen


Oooh hoo hoo, how exciting is this? Potential for great things here, my first set of dyes ever. Burgundy, Navy, Aqualon Wine and Purple. The packaging of the dyes reminds me vaguely of stuff in my Grandma Flading’s basement that came from her unsold inventory when she ran a General Store. The old bottles of ink, nasty cough drops, and weird bottles of stuff I don’t remember what they were.

I can’t even organize my thoughts I have so many ideas for projects. Where to start? A sweater (maybe this one I will wear?), a funky pair of fair isle socks, a beret, finger flap mittens so I can knit at soccer games? Christmas ornaments? HOW CAN PEOPLE NOT KNIT? What must life be like as a non knitter? What do non knitters think about before they fall asleep? You know how you feel like passing out when you try to imagine infinity, or never having been born? That’s how I feel when I think about the world without knitting…

No comments: